test

Monday, July 8, 2013

happy birthday, Kristin!

Tomorrow is my good friend Kristin's birthday. We have been friends since 4th grade, so she holds the place of being my longest friend. This post is for her. <3 

Dear Kristin, 

Here we are at the beginning of another new decade for us. I don't know if I can express to you all that's in my heart, as I think back to all the things we've experienced and shared together over the past 20 years! We've done Sunday school, catechism classes, church league softball, and high school together. We've lost both our dads to cancer. We've laughed together, cried together, prayed together, swam together, played Barbies together, scrapbooked together, eaten dinner together, and done Bible study together--to name a few things.

I want you to know how deeply I appreciate your friendship, especially during this past year.  I know that time and distance doesn't always allow us to be as close as we'd like, but nevertheless, you have been my "person."

This past year, you have been my shoulder to cry on (literally.) You never judged me, and never once shied away from my pain. Even when I was not fun to be around, and when it would have been easier for you to just stay home, you showed up.  When all my friends were walking out, you walked in, grabbed a seat, and stayed. 

And when I was ready to give up on people, on my faith, on ever finding joy, you stepped up, picked me up, and carried me.  

Even when you couldn't relate, when you didn't understand the depth of my pain, you didn't pretend to, and that was okay. You didn't give trite advice. You didn't tell me to just read my Bible more. You just held me, prayed for me, and told me how much you loved me.

You are one of the strongest women I know. You have been my steady rock this past year--truly an angel by my side. Because of your unwavering strength, support, and love, I was able to carry on and find my joy back.

I wish I lived closer to you.  I wish you didn't work 60 hours a week. But though I may wish a lot of things, but I know that no matter where life takes us, we will always find each other when it counts. 

Thank you for being there when I needed you. I hope you know that I would do the same for you in a heartbeat.

I am so proud of the woman you've become and I am honoured to call you my friend. I love you so much! Happy Birthday, lady! Here's to another 20 years of friendship!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment